To get into context
2021 protests in Colombia (or National Strike in Colombia 2021) are a series of multifactorial demonstrations carried out, mainly, with the aim of suppressing the tax reform project proposed by the government of Iván Duque, which began on April 28, 2021
The demonstrations have been affected by police violence, the Human Rights Situation in Colombia so far May 4, 2021
- -305 people injured by the disproportionate actions of the National Police and in particular by ESMAD. 23 suffered eye injuries. -47 human rights defenders were attacked in the framework of the demonstrations.
- – 11 people were victims of gender-based violence by the same oficial institution.
– 18 people have been killed allegedly by Police actions .
– 988 people have been detained, most of them through arbitrary procedures, being subjected to torture and / or cruel treatment.
– 8 raids that were declared illegal, including associated arrests.
– 398 complaints have been filed for abuses of power, authority, assaults and police violence.
Full report update 47 civilians killed: http://www.indepaz.org.co/
— www.anoncandanga.com (@anon_candanga) May 4, 2021
The Indigenous Guard also arrived in Cali in support of the protesters in Cali.
— www.anoncandanga.com (@anon_candanga) May 5, 2021
In latest episodes of this massacre, it’s reported that a white van passes by shooting where there are demonstrations .
#SOSColombiaDDHH Armed groups in a van are firing temporary health posts ,it serve social mobilization victims, Natali González Arce in La Luna bridge there're 3 people wounded by gunshots, one seriously. #SOSColombia pic.twitter.com/iW7nPFcNzq
— www.anoncandanga.com (@anon_candanga) May 8, 2021
Which are possibly the same as those listed below.
These videos are from May 9, 2021 Cali, the following footage shows how a civilian shoots towards civilians, whether it is an undercover police officer or it isn’t, it’s a crime and the Colombian police do nothing.
But the following ones, the same one who records the images and publishes them on social media, comments on specifying an indigenous civilian with a flag and even talk about a civil war!, A official security don’t talk about Civil war while are shooting a posible criminal.
In Colombia these situations aren’t new, paralitarianism in that country keeps the civilian population in a state of terror, for years the Colombian oligarchy has managed to keep this situation under the shadows that was an open secret for the international community.
But this time it comes out.