A 69-year-old man had been arrested and was in detention, the prosecutor’s office added. The incident was over, it said.
Police did not indicate the motives of the alleged shooter.
One witness told French news agency AFP that seven or eight shots had been fired. A second witness, speaking to BFM TV, said the suspected gunman was a white man who opened fire in silence.
An investigation into murder, manslaughter and aggravated violence has been opened, the Paris prosecutor’s office said
🔴 SUIVI – #FaitsDivers : Un enquête a été ouverte pour "assassinat", "homicides volontaires" et "violences aggravées" après une #fusillade rue d'#Enghien à #Paris. #fusillade #shooting pic.twitter.com/OdkFnVQldm
— FranceNews24 (@FranceNews24) December 23, 2022